We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, self-directed individual with a positive, optimistic attitude. She or he will be a go-getter and problem solver who is comfortable with and enthusiastic in a supporting role, someone who can be committed to the success of the firm and its members. If you are dedicated, reliable, and looking for a great firm that will help your grow your skills, please apply.
Our ideal staff member:
- Thrives on collaborating and communicating with others to expand possibilities and create positive contributions.
- Actively seeks to grow interpersonal skills and social intelligence.
- Is adaptable and willing to equally consider the diverse opinions and solutions of others.
- Strives toward excellence and continually innovates for learning and improvement.
- Is self-challenging, evaluating own assumptions with powerful questions and redefining problems.
- Is passionate about contributing to and supporting the long-term vision of the organization they belong to.
- Supporting principals and other staff with correspondence, job proposals and contracts, assisting with PowerPoint presentations.
- Assisting marketing director with data gathering, project pursuits, and creating collateral materials; assisting with PowerPoint presentations.
- Regularly updating and maintaining contracts and contacts database.
- Assisting principals and accounting staff with billings, accounts receivables, and bank deposits.
- Making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings.
- Maintaining office library.
- Punching and binding books of reports and engineers' calculations.
- Handling project-drawings storage requests and returns.
- Maintaining office facilities overall, such as plant watering and pantry stocking, keeping kitchens in order, ordering repairs.
- Opening and closing the office daily.
- Answering phones and greeting guests.
- Handling outgoing mail and overnight packages; handling deliveries.
- Running light errands such as shopping for random office supplies; setting up for and breaking down after meetings; providing coffee and snacks for guests.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, although an associate's degree coupled with good professional experience will be considered.
- Clear and effective written and verbal skills.
- Professional personal and phone manner, emotionally intelligent.
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize own tasks/projects.
- Ability to follow projects and assignments through to completion in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work without supervision, and also to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (we have converted to LibreOffice, an open-source suite that runs parallel to Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is helpful but not required.
- Punctuality and dependability (responsible for opening the office at 9 am and closing office at 5:30 pm).
- A valid California driver's license.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401k, medical, dental, and vision.
If you possess the foregoing qualities, credentials, expertise, and experience, please email to
a cover letter illustrating how you might contribute to and thrive at Tipping Structural Engineers,
as well as your résumé.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.