Do you love project accounting? If so, then Tipping Structural Engineers needs you! Our project accountant is an integral part of the accounting team and ensures that all billing and project accounting transactions are completed timely and accurately. The project accountant supports the operations manager and works closely with our engineering staff including project managers and project directors.
- Client Focused. You are always keeping our clients happy by identifying their needs and exceeding their expectations.
- An Effective Communicator. You convey information and ideas in an engaging and persuasive manner.
- Flexible and Adaptable. You readily adjust to and agreeably accommodate changes in circumstances.
- Curious and Clever. You are always eager to learn or propose the best solution.
- Analytical. You live for data and love to solve complex problems.
- Passionate. You believe in the mission to bring sustainable engineering to the world.
- A Team Player. You actively participate as a member of the team to move the team toward the successful completion of goals.
- Driven for Results. You accomplish goals and exceed performance expectations with energy, enthusiasm and perseverance
- Project cost management: maintain project management records electronically and prepare project management reports.
- Prepare customer project billings and invoices using Deltek Ajera accounting system.
- Enter project budgets into accounting system.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist in processing YE tax forms including 1099 and W2 forms.
- Manage accounts receivable including collections, preparing aging reports, and reconciling A/R to the GL monthly.
- Review contracts, project labor, and expenses, and ensure accurate posting to projects.
- Act as key point of contact for clients and internal staff regarding billing questions by providing informed and researched information.
- Provide a level of expected confidentiality in maintaining company policies and ideals.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Carry out special projects and all other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of project accounting experience is a must, preferably in a professional service-related industry. Architecture or engineering is a plus!
- Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of AEC industry project accounting methods and practices is preferred.
- Deltek Ajera accounting experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a high attention to detail. A love for working in a detail-oriented environment is a must!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to follow instructions and clearly convey information.
- Proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office, Office Libre, Adobe Acrobat, and Deltek Ajera. Advanced usage of Excel is a plus.
Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Business Administration with an accounting emphasis.
- We will ask you to provide business references during the interview phase.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume telling us about why you enjoy project accounting and why we should hire YOU!
Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the title “Project Accountant Position.” We will be looking only at candidates who follow these specific instructions for submission. Thank you!
If you possess the foregoing qualities, credentials, expertise, and experience, please email to
a cover letter illustrating how you might contribute to and thrive at Tipping Structural Engineers,
as well as your résumé.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.