We are seeking candidates with 3 to 7 years of professional experience to join our team. Our ideal candidate: you have a master's in structural engineering and a professional engineer's license in the State of California, an interest in high-performance seismic and sustainable design, and a knack for "whole-project" seeing. In addition:
- You thrive on collaborating and communicating with others to expand possiblities and create positive contributions.
- You actively seek to grow your interpersonal skills and social intelligence.
- You are adaptable and willing to equally consider the diverse opinions and solutions of others.
- You strive toward excellence and continually innovate for learning and improvement.
- You are self-challenging, evaluating your assumptions with powerful questions and redefining problems.
- You are passionate about contributing to and supporting the long-term vision of the organization you belong to.
You have demonstrable engineering expertise evidenced by:
- a good understanding of the dynamic behavior of structures, including nonlinear behavior;
- an ability to solve engineering problems independently and catch errors before they impact a project;
- proven ability to take independent, responsible charge of increasing proportions of a project;
- an ability to draw, sketch, and detail in ways that convey your design intention and leave little room for misinterpretations by the builder;
- your calculations or analytic reports and presentations employ visual elements to convey the significant aspects of your findings, considering the audience for which they are prepared;
- a facility with AutoCAD, Revit, PERFORM-3D, RAM Structural System, RAM Concept, and RISA;
- an awareness of project budgets and the ability to judiciously tailor work to meet them;
- a good understanding of current standards of practice, including ASCE 7, ASCE 41, CBC, ACI, AISC, NDS; and
- a mastery of statistics.
If you possess the foregoing qualities, credentials, expertise, and experience, please email to
a cover letter illustrating how you might contribute to and thrive at Tipping Structural Engineers,
as well as your résumé.
We are an equal opportunity employer and absolutely welcome diversity in the workplace. Local
candidates are encouraged to apply.
BY TIPPING STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS |
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED AND PROTECTED